Recipe by Wugfun
A creamy sour cream potato soup my grandmother found on a label many years ago. My family has been eating this for over 50 years. A very warm and simple soup, but very flavorful. Great with a crusty loaf of bread.
Top Review by sugarpea
I now think of this as a wonderful carrot soup. I used my own homemade broth and Greek yogurt for the sour cream. We've had this twice now. The second time I added a few dashes of hot sauce and we liked the kick.
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- chives, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, onion, carrots, water, bullion, salt, and pepper in medium sized pot and boil until potatoes are done, about 15 minutes, depending on the size of your potato pieces, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Carefully mash contents of pot until only some potatoes remain in tact.
- Add milk and sour cream, reserving 4 teaspoons of sour cream for garnish, if desired.
- Return to low heat and stir until soup is warm and sour cream is broken up. Do not boil.
- Serve immediately, with dollops of reserved sour cream and chives.