A creamy sour cream potato soup my grandmother found on a label many years ago. My family has been eating this for over 50 years. A very warm and simple soup, but very flavorful. Great with a crusty loaf of bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes, onion, carrots, water, bullion, salt, and pepper in medium sized pot and boil until potatoes are done, about 15 minutes, depending on the size of your potato pieces, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove from heat. Carefully mash contents of pot until only some potatoes remain in tact.
- 3Add milk and sour cream, reserving 4 teaspoons of sour cream for garnish, if desired.
- 4Return to low heat and stir until soup is warm and sour cream is broken up. Do not boil.
- 5Serve immediately, with dollops of reserved sour cream and chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Carrot Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.6
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 595.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g