Recipe by Fauve
Surprisingly delicious cookies. Not too sweet, but tasty enough for any occasion. All children love these special treats. Sometimes I sprinkle the tops with a lemony glaze.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated raw carrots
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; beat well.
- Stir in carrots.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then stir into carrot mixture.
- Add vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly Pam-sprayed cookie sheets.
- Bake in 375* oven for 15 minutes or till light golden brown along edges.