Surprisingly delicious cookies. Not too sweet, but tasty enough for any occasion. All children love these special treats. Sometimes I sprinkle the tops with a lemony glaze.
- Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; beat well.
- Stir in carrots.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then stir into carrot mixture.
- Add vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly Pam-sprayed cookie sheets.
- Bake in 375* oven for 15 minutes or till light golden brown along edges.
These were very good. A nice not too sweet/heavy snack. I made a lemon glaze and we found we liked them better if we ate them just after dipping them in the glaze. Thanks a lot
Quick, easy and delicious!
I liked these cookies, but next time I will add some grated lemon rind along with the extract to enhance the flavour. I mixed a little lemon juice with icing sugar and spread it on top of the cookies, quite tasty!