Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
How much closer to heaven can you get? Okay..well...you have a point. If they had no calories, sugar, or fat and they made themselves, that'd be as close to heaven as you could get here on earth.
- 24 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 25 Kraft caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Crush 14 cookies in a food processor (or crush with a rolling pin) until crumbs. Mix with butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 10 minute or until golden brown. Cool 10 minute.
- Mix caramels and water in microwaveable bowl; heat 1 minute or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every 30 sec. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop remaining 10 cookies. Beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg and continue to mix.
- Stir in chopped cookies and pour over crust. Drop spoonfuls of the caramel mixture over batter; swirl gently with knife for marble effect.
- Bake 20 to 25 minute or until center is set. Cool completely.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.