Recipe by Dib's
This soup swings both ways-hot or cold. Either way it's lovely. Great as a first course or as a main meal soup with a salad and hot bread.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 7 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot mix together the squash, apples, onions, breadcrumbs, stock, salt, rosemary, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring often.
- Puree until smooth in a food processor or hand held blender.
- If using a food processor return to pan and whisk in cream.
- Adjust seasonings and reheat or chill and serve cold.