Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think this recipe came from Taste of Home, but it was a little too sweet for us, so I altered the sugar amount. It's similar to a sweet potato pie. If you like butternut squash, then you'll probably like this.
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups butternut squash, which has been cooked and mashed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells (I use deep dish)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, squash, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the squash mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the pie shells.
- Cover the edges of the crust loosely with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator.