Recipe by mandabears
I have been making this for decades. Great, easy way to make bread pudding, I have made this with all and any type of bread(except for rye and pumpernickel.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is wonderful! I made it for dessert this afternoon. Besides the vanilla essence, I also added 1/2 tsp. of banana essence and 1/4 tsp. of liquid yellow food colour. I baked this for 40 minutes at 180C. As for the bread, I used 6 slices of white bread. I will make this again! Very good recipe :)
- 3 cups bread cubes, 6 to 8 slices
- 3 eggs, i have used egg substitutes with success
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk, i have also used fat-free and low fat condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch square pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in pan.
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Really good with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.