This is so moist and fruity tasting. I have also made it in 2 loaf pans and it takes about1 1/2 hours.I have also soaked the fruit overnight in 1/2 cup of the brandy called for in recipe for extra flavour.
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup sliced dried apricot
- 1 cup candied cherry, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced candied pineapple
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening (like Crisco) or 1 cup butter (I use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup apricot brandy
- Preheat oven to 300D F.
- Mix together almonds and fruit: Set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt: Set aside.
- Grease Bundt pan well and lightly flour it.
- Cream shortening (or butter) and sugar well.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Blend flour mixture alternately with brandy into creamed shortening and sugar.
- Add almond and fruit mixture and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Keep a pan of hot water on lowest shelf of oven while cake is baking.
- Bake for about 2 hours until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap cake in brandy soaked cloth and store in airtight container in fridge for several weeks.
Hi Dorel; Okay, this is a great recipe, so nice and fruity, just love it. The only problem I had was wondering what to do with the left over Apricot Brandy. Well, I ended up drinking it, then realized I should have saved it to marinate the cake later. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. This is much like the cake that I make. "Uncle Bill"