1/3 Photos of Golden Brandy Bundt Fruitcake
2 hrs 30 mins
This is so moist and fruity tasting. I have also made it in 2 loaf pans and it takes about1 1/2 hours.I have also soaked the fruit overnight in 1/2 cup of the brandy called for in recipe for extra flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 1 -1 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup sliced dried apricot
- 1 cup candied cherry, halved
- 1 1/2 cups diced candied pineapple
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening (like Crisco) or 1 cup butter (I use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup apricot brandy
- 1Preheat oven to 300D F.
- 2Mix together almonds and fruit: Set aside.
- 3Mix together flour, baking powder and salt: Set aside.
- 4Grease Bundt pan well and lightly flour it.
- 5Cream shortening (or butter) and sugar well.
- 6Beat in eggs.
- 7Add vanilla.
- 8Blend flour mixture alternately with brandy into creamed shortening and sugar.
- 9Add almond and fruit mixture and mix well.
- 10Pour into prepared pan.
- 11Keep a pan of hot water on lowest shelf of oven while cake is baking.
- 12Bake for about 2 hours until cake tests done.
- 13Cool in pan 10-15 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.
- 14Wrap cake in brandy soaked cloth and store in airtight container in fridge for several weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Brandy Bundt Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (1501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6478.1
- Calories from Fat 3382
- Total Fat 375.8 g
- Saturated Fat 69.3 g
- Cholesterol 846.0 mg
- Sodium 3087.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 696.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 53.9 g
- Sugars 372.9 g
- Protein 130.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: