Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 15 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (to taste)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tofu, and sauté 10 to 15 minutes, tossing with spatula, until light golden brown all over.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes more to further brown tofu. Transfer tofu to paper-towel-lined plate. Drain and rinse skillet, and wipe dry.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil over high heat. Add tofu and all vegetables. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until tofu is browned and vegetables are tender, tossing constantly with spatula.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce to taste. Sprinkle nutritional yeast over tofu to coat. Sauté a few seconds more. Remove from heat. Serve over brown rice.