carrie sheridan's Note:
The official recipe for a first course side dish served on January 20, 2013 at the luncheon following the second Obama Inauguration
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 2 quarts water to a boil and add 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt.
- 2Place beets into water gently and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Remove beets using a strainer and set in a bowl.
- 4Allow water to return to a boil and gently add the green beans for 3-4 minutes until tender. Remove the beans from the pot using a strainer and add to the bowl with the beets.
- 5Place olive oil in a sauté pan on medium heat.
- 6Add the shallots to cook until tender.
- 7Add the beets and beans and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Beets and Green Beans Served at 2013 Obama Inaugural Lunc
Serving Size: 1 (671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1016.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g