Recipe by justjenn6
This soup is very healthy and tasty. It is so simple that you could tweak it to fit your diet/taste and it would still be simple. I got this recipe from Earthbound Organics website.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs golden beets, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute beets and onions in olive oil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add 2c of the chicken stock and heat through.
- Add 1c water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for approximately 45 minutes or until beets are tender.
- Let cool slightly.
- Puree the soup in blender or food processor until very smooth.
- If soup is too thick, add some of the 3rd c of chicken stock.
- Add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you like, you can garnish with red beet puree.