Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My Grandmother sent me this recipe; she highly recommends it. Said she clipped it out of a magazine 'years ago', so I'm guessing in the 60s!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- brown beef, onion and green pepper in large frying pan (until onion is clear).
- turn down heat and mix in remaining ingredients.
- put into casserole dish and bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
I think this has a lot of potential if some changes were made. The main one is to DRAIN THE CORN. I'm not going to rate this because if I did it would get a one. Sorry but this did not come out well at all. It was more like a soup, I should have founded my instinct and drained both cans of corn. I have to save our lunch without adding any more starch. But alas, regretfully I added 5 slices of bread to help adsorb all the liquid. So I will give this another try someday and let you know the new verdict. 8/9/05