Recipe by MarraMamba
This is a yummy version of cornish pasties from the Golden Bee restaurant; note that it calls for small eggs.
Top Review by Dienia B.
i made this with recipe #414676 instead of the aioli this is a really good recipe i used a gravy packet and cooked the veggies in it instead of the oil very tasty . if you like beef pot pie you will like this recipe
- 1 1⁄2 ounces powdered sugar
- 7 ounces butter
- 11 ounces pastry flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 small eggs
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 large potato, diced
- 8 tablespoons beef gravy
- 2 1⁄2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt or 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2⁄3 cup pure olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the shortbread crust, cream together powdered sugar and butter.
- Add the pastry flour, salt, and 2 small eggs.
- Mix well until well incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Roll dough between wax paper.
- Cut into 5-1/2” diameter circles (smaller for appetizers, larger for entrées).
- Sauté beef with onions, carrots, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add potatoes and cook to al dente.
- Add beef gravy and gently mix.
- Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place on shortbread circles, fold into half moons, and seal.
- To make egg wash, mix remaining small egg with a small amount of water.
- Brush egg wash onto sealed pasties.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Plate and garnish with Garlic Aioli, tomatoes, and cornichons.
- GARLIC AIOLI:.
- Place garlic and salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or in a blender, and pulse for 2 seconds.
- Add the egg yolk and lemon juice, and pulse on and off until blended.
- Turn on and begin adding the olive oil (first the pure olive oil, then the extra virgin olive oil) in a thin stream.
- If the mixture becomes too thick, thin it out with some room temperature water and continue adding oil until you’ve used it all.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste.