Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This little Indian side dish is beautiful. Golden-yellow rice with bright green peas–I love a meal with strong, vibrant colors. And it’s so easy! found this recipe on a blog site http://www.jennaseverythingblog.com/2011/09/15/golden-basmati-rice-with-peas/
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen peas (or more, to taste)
- cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Put rice, salt and tumeric into rice cooker stir until mixed well.
- Add water and butter.
- Push cook on rice cooker.
- Add frozen peas to hot rice a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro.