Recipe by opal Fitzgerald
This is a topping rather than a batter. It was a recipe from the Savings pack in with my Taste of Home Magazine.
Top Review by echo echo
Mmmmm, this was a simple tasty fish, which I served with Nifty Carrots (recipe #91161), Snappy Rolls (recipe #61374) and fruit salad dressed with Applebee's Oriental Dressing (recipe #30470). A relatively simple meal to make--I cooked the carrots (25 min), fish (20 min) & rolls (12 min) at 400F and they all came out of the oven together; the tastes meshed well.
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion juice or 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- fresh dill
- lemon wedge, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fish in a greased 13-in X 9-in x 2 baking dish; sprinkle with pepper.
- Beat egg white with salt if desired until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in mayonnaise, dill and onion juice, spoon over fish.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is puffed and golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with dill and lemon if desired.