Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We really enjoy this dish. It's easy to make and tastes great. I have made it with boneless chicken (baking for 35-40 minutes) and with bone-in chicken -- it's great both ways. The recipe comes from TOH Chicken Cookbook.
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1 cup butter, melted
- In a pie plate, combine the potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Dip chicken into butter, then into potato flake mixture.
- Place on a 15x10 baking pan (use 2 pans if you have alot of chicken pieces).
- Bake at 375º for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Loved it! The chicken had alot of flavor and turned out tender and moist. I did cut the recipe down to four servings because my family is small and I only used four breasts. I pounded the chicken a little so it would all cook evenly and it only took about 30 minutes instead of an hour. I'd definately make this again. Thank's for sharing!
AWESOME! Have made this several times. Followed the recipe exactly except I used chicken thighs. The best baked chicken
This was absolutely delicious!!! I followed the recipe exactly except that I used sour cream & chive instant mashed potoes. The only thing I am going to do differently next time is use garlic powder instead of the salt. It was a little salty to me but my husband thought it was perfect. It was so moist and the coating was amazing!! My husband ouldn't stop saying how good it was!! Thanks for this wonderful recipe!!