Recipe by Outta Here
A nice low fat, heart-healthy Cauliflower soup. To make this vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Excellent delicious creamy soup! I used baby precleaned carrots and so therefore I did not chop them up. I used the recommended chicken stock as well as frozen cauliflower florets. I also doubled the soup. I pureed the soup with a blender in batches. I enjoyed the soup very much and I was the lucky one to get the only non-pureed baby carrot. How it escaped the blender, I will never know. I also loved the flavor added by the addition of the nutmeg. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine broth, cauliflower, carrots, and onions. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 7 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in a blender or food processor. Return to pan.
- Add milk and heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Stir in nutmeg and pepper.