Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This defies description. It is so delicious and great for busy times when you want to make things in advance. I was once told by a real gourmand: This chicken rocks! It is so easy to make and no one will believe you didn't slave in the kitchen for hours.
- Place mayo into a mixing bowl and mix in enough ketchup to make a dressing.
- Add the jam and onion soup mix.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a roasting pan.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Cover and marinate overnight.
- Bake for 1-1 1/2 hours at 350.
I am sorry I have not rated this recipe until now. This is one of our favourite chicken recipes that is so easy with loads of flavour. Thank you so much for posting. We make it all the time for a lovely family meal.
Delicious and easy. You can use three large chicken half-breasts (recommend on the bone) instead of a whole chicken cut-up. Also: I think it's important to bake COVERED with foil. My first effort (without) was too dry, but the second one (with) was perfect. "Enough ketchup" here is, in my view, 2x or 3x the mayo.