Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy twist for sweet potatoes. I love this with roast pork.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 golden delicious apples
- In saucepan, cover whole potato with boiling water.
- Cook about 35 minutes covered till just barely tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients except apples in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange in buttered 2 quart baking dish.
- Core and slice apples into 1/4 inch wedges.
- Arrange over potatoes.
- Pour juice mixture over apples.
- Bake 325°F for 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
DH loved this, said it tasted like caramel apples. I used a real sweet potato, not an orange flesh yam. The sauce was a little "watery," so I might reduce it next time, or try to thicken it somehow. Thanks!