Recipe by Mama2boys
A sweet touch is added to the traditional tang of the traditional margarita. Smooth and Fun! Perfect for a hot summer day!
- turbinado sugar or other coarse sugar
- lime wedge
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄4 cups tequila
- 2 tablespoons calvados or 2 tablespoons apple brandy
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1 granny smith apple, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar in shallow dish. Rub a lime wedge around the rims of a margarita glass or other 8-oz glass. Invert glass into sugar. Set aside.
- Combine apple juice concentrate, tequila, calvados, lime peel and lime juice in a blender. Cover and blend until combined.
- With blender running, gradually add ice cubes, 1 cup at a time until mixture is slushy.
- Pour mixture into prepared glasses.