Recipe by Tricia Foley
This recipe is from my "Guilt free desserts" booklet. I have not tried these yet but am posting it in order to organize the recipes I would like to try. It lists these as having 157 calories :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup applesauce (Motts brand chunky style)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine cake mix, applesauce, oil and eggs; blend according to package directions.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- Mix brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.