1/4 Photos of Golden Apple Bars
1 hr 57 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is my adopted recipe, They are a very good nice shortbread crust and the apple filling is great. I only used 1/2 cup brown sugar in with the apples as I used Gala apples. Perhaps with a less sweet apple you would use the 3/4 cup. I used the food processor to chop up 4 apples. I had about 2-1/2 cups apples. Between 2 to 3 cups would be fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped equal to 2 cups
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2Cream 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup shortening and powdered sugar.
- 3Blend in 1-1/2 cups flour.
- 4Pat mixture onto the bottom of a 15 x 10 x 3/4-inch pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 8Chop apples to equal 2 cups.
- 9Melt last 1/4 cup butter in large saucepan, blend in brown sugar,lemon zest, egg, vanilla and apples.
- 10Stir flour mixture into apple mixture.
- 11Spread evenly over bottom layer; mixture will be thick.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- 13CINNAMON GLAZE.
- 14Combine powdered sugar, ground cinnamon and milk.
- 15Blend until smooth.
- 16Spread glaze on Golden Apple Bars while they are still warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Apple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 51.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g