Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Apples baked in a yummy crust, delicious!
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 4 cups apples, chopped into 1-inch cubes (approx 8 large apples)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and vanilla with a fork.
- Add in both sugars and beat until well combined.
- Add in the oil and beat until very well combined.
- In a bowl sift all dry ingredients except 1 cup flour.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Lay the apples on top of mixture, then the raisins, then add the reserved 1 cup of flour on top and mix all together until well combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.
Wonderfull.One of my daughthers described this as delightfull when asking for seconds.Thanks for a great new way of serving apples.Also I noticed adding vanilla was left out so I added it with the eggs.