Recipe by Sharon123
Almonds are so good, especially toasted! This is a great snack to snuggle up in front of the TV, watch a movie, etc. These also make great treats for a party or Halloween and make cool gifts too!
Top Review by White Rose Child
Now here's a different and tasty way to enjoy popcorn! Toasted almonds have never graced a more sinfull sweet. Mmm. Thanks Sharon! (note- I used vegan margarine in place of butter.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole natural almonds, toasted
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large heavy saucepan.
- Blend in corn syrup, brown sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a rolling boil; boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and soda.
- Stir in almonds, coating well. Add popped corn, stirring gently until mixture is evenly coated.
- Turn out onto a 10 x 15 x 1-inch pan or cookie sheet. Bake in center of oven at 300*F. 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; loosen on pan and cool.
- Store in airtight container. Enjoy!