Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Almonds are so good, especially toasted! This is a great snack to snuggle up in front of the TV, watch a movie, etc. These also make great treats for a party or Halloween and make cool gifts too!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole natural almonds, toasted
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- Melt butter in large heavy saucepan.
- Blend in corn syrup, brown sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a rolling boil; boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and soda.
- Stir in almonds, coating well. Add popped corn, stirring gently until mixture is evenly coated.
- Turn out onto a 10 x 15 x 1-inch pan or cookie sheet. Bake in center of oven at 300*F. 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; loosen on pan and cool.
- Store in airtight container. Enjoy!
Now here's a different and tasty way to enjoy popcorn! Toasted almonds have never graced a more sinfull sweet. Mmm. Thanks Sharon! (note- I used vegan margarine in place of butter.)
Made this for the DS's music recreation group where it was devoured with people even making detours to pass the container so they could have more. The only thing different that I would do is spread over 3 trays to cook and line the trays with baking paper. I did use a mix of pecan and almond nuts as I didn't have enough of either but enough when put together. Thanks Sharon123, made for 123 Hit Wonders.
I loved this, as soon as it came out of the oven, I started eating it. I can't wait for my DH and DS to get home to try this. Thanks for the recipe. Made for the Potluck Game.