Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Left with egg yolks? Sure, you can freeze them but why not make a cake? OK, it might be a cholesterol bomb, you don't have to eat the whole cake in one go!
- 7 ounces butter or 7 ounces margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Grease an 8 cup baking pan and dust with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- Cream butter (margarine) and sugar.
- Add the yolks, one at a time.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder.
- Add flour and milk.
- Bake for 60 minutes.