Recipe by Sharlene~W
Saw this on Food Network (Paula Deen) and it look interesting and tasty! This would be great for a light luncheon dessert. I found it took more than two hours to freeze. If you leave it in the freezer overnight, it will freeze too hard--so plan your time accordingly.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 medium apples, diced (leave skins on)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 fresh cherries or 8 maraschino cherries
- 8 sprigs fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine sugar, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip cream and fold it into the cooled syrup mixture.
- Stir in marshmallows, grapes, pineapple, apples, celery and nuts. Spread mixture into an 8 by 8-inch pan and freeze until frozen through (at least 2 hours).
- Remove the salad from the freezer 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut into 8 squares. Garnish each serving with a cherry and a spring of fresh mint.