1/1 Photo of Gold Rush Peanut Butter Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This is a real peanut lovers treat. Lots of peanut flavor abounds everywhere. Be warned though this recipe is for those with a sweet tooth as well. It's very sweet and the Kids will love it. For the adults it's a decadent treat that goes well with a hot cup of coffee.
My Private Note
Nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1For cake: In large mixing bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- 2Add brown sugar.
- 3Mix to blend.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 5In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 6Add flour mixture to butter and peanut butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 7Add vanilla.
- 8Pour batter into 3 well greased and floured 9 inch cake pans.
- 9Bake in preheated 350ºF oven until cake tests done, about 45 minutes.
- 10Cool on wire rack to room temperature before filling and frosting the cake.
- 11For filling: Soften margarine and cream cheese at room temperature.
- 12Cream together well.
- 13Add powdered sugar and continue beating until creamy.
- 14Add vanilla and peanut butter.
- 15Spread between cooled layers.
- 16For frosting: Melt margarine, brown sugar and Karo syrup in boiler, bring to a boil.
- 17Remove from heat, add milk, powdered sugar, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- 18Beat until creamy.
- 19Spread on top and sides of cooled cake after filling.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gold Rush Peanut Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1866.5
- Calories from Fat 810
- Total Fat 90.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.2 g
- Cholesterol 232.8 mg
- Sodium 1024.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 248.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 197.2 g
- Protein 30.1 g