Recipe by Derf
Wonderful rice and chicken, pistachios add a nice touch.Garnish plate with crisp romaine lettuce, topped with chopped tomatoes and black olives, sprinkled with salt and pepper and splashed with a little balsamic vinegar.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was a very good, quick, & easy recipe. I enjoyed the carrots and the raisins in the curried rice and the chicken came out very tender and moist. I found the directions to be clear and accurate. Next time I will saute the rice and the spices briefly with the browned chicken & onions before adding the liquids to enhance the flavors of the spices a bit more (and add a bit more of all seasonings).Thanks - we enjoyed this very much.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or as much as you like)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup shelled pistachio nut (or slivered almonds, toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large no stick frypan over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chicken strips and onion, cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and onion is tender, stirring often.
- Add all remaining ingredients except nuts.
- Mix well.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Just before serving, sprinkle nuts over top.