1/1 Photo of Gold Rice with Chicken and Pistachio
Wonderful rice and chicken, pistachios add a nice touch.Garnish plate with crisp romaine lettuce, topped with chopped tomatoes and black olives, sprinkled with salt and pepper and splashed with a little balsamic vinegar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or as much as you like)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nut (or slivered almonds, toasted)
- 1Heat oil in a large no stick frypan over medium high heat until hot.
- 2Add chicken strips and onion, cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and onion is tender, stirring often.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients except nuts.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 6Just before serving, sprinkle nuts over top.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gold Rice with Chicken and Pistachio
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Sodium 931.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 34.2 g