Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Umm umm good! 8) definite people pleaser! You think?
Top Review by LonghornMama
Delicious! Quick to put togther. Made these as a lunchbox treat and the kids really enjoyed them. Love the taste combination of chopped peanuts and peanut butter, and it also provides a little more protein which is great for my picky child. The sweetened condensed milk gives the bars a slight peanut butter caramel flavor which is yummy. I put some bars in the freezer to save some for another day, and they freeze well, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, and egg.
- Add in cold butter until crumbly.
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Set aside 2 cups of crumbly mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until browned lightly.
- While baking, beat peanut butter, condensed milk and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Spread over crust; add remaining 2 cups mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let cool then cut into bars!