Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Guess Who's Cookin': Olathe Charter Chapter American Business Women's Association, submitted by Millie Sommers. I love Golden Grahams cereal and this looks really good!
- 1⁄2 nuts (dry roasted or salted)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- Mix nuts into melted butter or margarine and spices to coat.
- Add cereal and toss.
- Spread in flat pan and bake in 300 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir twice during that time.
- Spread out on brown paper to cool.
This was introduced to me back in the 80's when it seemed everyone was bringing the Chex mix to the Christmas parties. This is a good addition to the party mixes out there. It is easy to do, and a good combination of sweet and salty and a mild cheese taste. I really like this and like to pass this on to friends.
This was good, but I think I prefer other party mixes over this one. I was looking forward to more of a contrast between the salty and sweet, but I thought the savory flavor sort of overpowered the sweetness of the Golden Grahams. It was nice for a change, and people did enjoy it. Thank you for sharing.
We really loved this. Simple to make and much nicer tasting then the ones you buy in the store. I LOVED the salty sweet taste in every bite. I can see making this with raisins or chocolate bits as well and will make this often for family gatherings. Thank you for a simple and tasty treat.