Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: Southern Living which was adapted from the Jolly Time Popcorn site. Edible gold dust (not listed in the ingredients)is available at a party supply shop
Top Review by Mirj
These were so good we almost had a major family argument. It's probably my fault for just using the one bag of popcorn called for in the recipe. The mix of the popcorn, the nuts, the craisins and the chocolate was just amazing. After the kids decimated this one I had to quadruple the recipe so we could finish watching our movie on TV in peace. BTW, this is excellent for when you're PMS-ing.... ;-)
- 1 (3 ounce) bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl place popcorn (discarding unpopped kernels) with the nuts the cranberries.
- In a microwave safe 2-cup measuring cup, melt white chocolte on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn mixture, stirring until coated.
- Spread mixture on a cookie sheet pan, sprinkling with cinnamon. Let stand 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens. Sprinkle with gold dust.
- Break popcorn mix into pieces.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.