Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From CooksRecipes.com but originally from National Chicken Council.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut in 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup golden molasses
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- parsley sprig
- In large frypan, place butter and melt over medium heat. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and pepper and cook about 8 minutes or until chicken is brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken to 7 x 10 baking pan in single layer.
- To frypan, add molasses, orange juice, onion and gingerroot. Stir until heated through and well blended.
- Brush mixture generously over chicken, cover and bake in 375°F oven 30 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, place a small amount of water and carrots. Cover and steam about 5 minutes or until crispy tender. Drain.
- Baste chicken again with molasses-orange glaze, return to oven uncovered and bake about 10 minutes more or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Add drained carrots to frypan and stir gently until carrots are well coated with glaze.
- To serve, arrange chicken on serving platter and place carrot "coins" as a border around chicken. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and garnish with parsley sprigs.