Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I clipped this recipe many years ago from our local newspaper. It has a rather unique set of ingredients and a really great taste.
- 1 cup diced apple, such as granny smith
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or 3/4 t cinnamon and 1/4 t allspice)
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton strawberry-banana yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Coat muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine apple, raisins, spice and 2 tablespoons flour.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Make well in center of mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, orange juice, oil, almond extract and egg.
- Stir it and apple mixture into flour mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan immediately.