Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious way to prepare taro leaves and if you dont have taro leaves then you can subsitute it with frozen or fresh chopped spinach leaves. This recipe is derived from Guam.
- 20 -30 taro root, leaves (may be subsituted with fresh or frozen chopped spinach)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pieces of chamorro ginger
- 1.Boil 4 cups of water in a 4 quart pan. Chop taro leaves and add to boiling water.
- 2.Add seasoning, salt, black pepper, onions and ginger. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- 3.Add coconut milk and reduce heat. Let simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4.Add hot pepper if desired.