1/2 Photos of Golabki, (Polish Stuffed Cabbage)
1 hr 30 mins
Firehousecook AKA Cap'n Jack's Note:
Good, Simple, healthy food. Found this is a recent issue of Guideposts. Looked good so I had to try it. Guess what? It is good and is now on my list as a comfort food. I imagine that there are as many recipes for Stuffed Cabbage as there are Cooks out there feeding people who relish Pleasant, satisfying meals.
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core cabbage and place in a large pot of boiling water, cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes until soft enough to pull off the leaves Repeat till all the large leaves are removed.
- 2Sauté onion in oil till transparent.
- 3In a large bowl, mix meat, onion, rice, egg, salt & pepper.
- 4Place heaping tablespoon of meat mixture on each leaf.
- 5Fold sides over filling while rolling leaf around filling.
- 6Chop remaining cabbage and place half in the bottom of a Dutch oven.
- 7Layer cabbage rolls then cover with remaining chopped cabbage.
- 8Combine tomato soup with water, stir till smooth, then pour over cabbage and rolls.
- 9Cover; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golabki, (Polish Stuffed Cabbage)
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.0
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 762.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 35.1 g