Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The is a South Asian (Pakistani/Indian) appetizer, really mouth watering, it's a touch of every flavour, sour, sweet, spicy, salty etc...and it's easy to make. Share & Enjoy
Ingredients for Gol Gappay
- 1 cup white flour (Maida)
- 1⁄2 cup semolina (Sooji)
- cooking oil (for deep frying)
Ingredients for Dip (Pani)
- red chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh mint leaves (Podina)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (Zeera)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black salt (Kaala Namak)
- 2 glasses water
- 3 green chilies (Hari Mirch)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste (Haldi Paste)
Ingredients for Masala
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, mashed
- 1 medium boiled potato, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- *Directions for Gol gappay.
- Mix the white flour and semolina together and knead into a hard dough. Set aside.
- Flatten into a very thin sheet and cut into 2" diameter circles with a cookie cutter. Deep fry in cooking oil until golden.
- *Directions for Dip(pani).
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dip together in a grinder and grind well. Then strain any liquid from the ground mixture. Set aside the liquid that was strained (do not throw away.) Disregard the strained ingredients.
- To eat, punch a hole in the gol gappay, put some juice inside the gol gappay and enjoy.
- Tip: To You can either have this dish plain or you can boil chick peas and potatoes (diced in little squares).
- And stuff them into the gol gappay. There are several other variations as well.
- You can also add yogurt and Imli Chutney for better taste.
- *Directions for Masala:.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl and serve hot with imli chutney, ketchup or pickles.
Thank you soo much you can also you only sooji to make poori because meda might make your poori soft. try both
I confess to have bought ready done Gol Gappay but I made the pani and masala from your recipe and it was fabulous! Thank you so much for posting one of my favourite snacks!!