Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The is a South Asian (Pakistani/Indian) appetizer, really mouth watering, it's a touch of every flavour, sour, sweet, spicy, salty etc...and it's easy to make. Share & Enjoy
Ingredients for Gol Gappay
- 1 cup white flour (Maida)
- 1⁄2 cup semolina (Sooji)
- cooking oil (for deep frying)
Ingredients for Dip (Pani)
- red chili powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh mint leaves (Podina)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (Zeera)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black salt (Kaala Namak)
- 2 glasses water
- 3 green chilies (Hari Mirch)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste (Haldi Paste)
Ingredients for Masala
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, mashed
- 1 medium boiled potato, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- *Directions for Gol gappay.
- Mix the white flour and semolina together and knead into a hard dough. Set aside.
- Flatten into a very thin sheet and cut into 2" diameter circles with a cookie cutter. Deep fry in cooking oil until golden.
- *Directions for Dip(pani).
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dip together in a grinder and grind well. Then strain any liquid from the ground mixture. Set aside the liquid that was strained (do not throw away.) Disregard the strained ingredients.
- To eat, punch a hole in the gol gappay, put some juice inside the gol gappay and enjoy.
- Tip: To You can either have this dish plain or you can boil chick peas and potatoes (diced in little squares).
- And stuff them into the gol gappay. There are several other variations as well.
- You can also add yogurt and Imli Chutney for better taste.
- *Directions for Masala:.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl and serve hot with imli chutney, ketchup or pickles.