Recipe by Nature's Best
Delicious Nutritious Treat - Good for Snack, Traveling, Meal Replacement, PicNIc, ETC
Top Review by Krista Smith
I liked this recipe but it's still going to require some tweaking on my part. I used goji berries, walnuts, dried apples, honey, coconut, mini m&ms baking pieces and micro marshmallows. The result was good but doesn't hold together very well. I think next time, I may add some oatmeal or cornflakes and see what happens! I'm also going to just shape them into bars and wrap them in wax paper before putting them in the fridge as I think cutting and getting them out of the pan only helped them to crumble! Thanks for the great ideas. I don't care for the taste of goji berries by themselves but with all these other goodies, I'm really enjoying them!
- 1 cup goji berry
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (almonds or cashews are good)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey or 1⁄2 tablespoon agave nectar or 1⁄2 tablespoon yacon syrup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds or 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds or 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds or 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts or 1⁄4 cup filberts, etc
- 3 -4 dates
- 1 -2 tablespoon cacao, whole beans or 1 -2 tablespoon cacao, nibs
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon coconut, shredded
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 dash vanilla extract or 1⁄4 vanilla bean, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in food processor. 1 cup goji berries.
- 1/2 cup nuts (almonds or cashews are good).
- 1/2 tablespoon honey, agave nectar, or yacon syrup.
- Then press into pan and refrigerate.
- Add any or all of the following:.
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin or other seeds.
- 3-4 dates.
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao beans - whole or nibs.
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder.
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder.
- 1 tablespoon maca powder.
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen.
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut.
- 1 teaspoon spirulina or chlorella.
- dash of vanilla extract or ground piece of bean.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking spices.
- Depending on your choice of ingredients, you may need to add more sweetener, dates, or coconut oil to better hold the mixture together.