Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the result of my frantic clearout of my produce drawer on the night before a vacation :).
Make and share this Going on Vacation Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh green beans, snapped
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper
- 1 cup celery (include the leaves for great flavor!)
- 1 cup okra, chopped
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- pepper, to taste
- spike seasoning, to taste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 10 cups water
- Throw it all in a pot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have melded, about 30-45 minutes. Use a spoon to break up tomatoes.
- Add spices to taste (salt, pepper, thyme, basil, dill -- whatever floats your boat!).