Recipe by Joallo Creations
This banana bread recipe is incredibly delicious - it's moist, really tastes like bananas and is a delightful treat...enjoy as a breakfast treat - or - an afternoon/evening snack...it would also be wonderful with some whipped cream and sliced bananas as a dessert...enjoy and have fun going BANANAS!!!!!
Top Review by Annachamps
This banana bread was really delicious thank you Joallo. Crunchy outside and lovely and moist inside. I used yoghurt instead of sour cream which seemed to produce a happy outcome!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (very ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- 2. Butter 9x5x3 - inch loaf pan.
- 3. With an electric mixer - cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs beating well.
- 4. Sift dry ingredients together and combine with butter mixture - blend well.
- 5. Add the bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Stir well.
- 6. Stir in the nuts (if desired) and pour into prepared pan.
- 7. Bake 1 hour, until cake tester comes out clean.
- 8. Turn out onto rack to cool.