Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This banana bread recipe is incredibly delicious - it's moist, really tastes like bananas and is a delightful treat...enjoy as a breakfast treat - or - an afternoon/evening snack...it would also be wonderful with some whipped cream and sliced bananas as a dessert...enjoy and have fun going BANANAS!!!!!
- 1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- 2. Butter 9x5x3 - inch loaf pan.
- 3. With an electric mixer - cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs beating well.
- 4. Sift dry ingredients together and combine with butter mixture - blend well.
- 5. Add the bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Stir well.
- 6. Stir in the nuts (if desired) and pour into prepared pan.
- 7. Bake 1 hour, until cake tester comes out clean.
- 8. Turn out onto rack to cool.
This banana bread was really delicious thank you Joallo. Crunchy outside and lovely and moist inside. I used yoghurt instead of sour cream which seemed to produce a happy outcome!
Wow! Super moist & delicious flavor! I had to deviate slightly when my two over-ripe bananas only yielded 3/4 cup. I topped it off with applesauce (the taste wasn't altered any) & I used Mexican vanilla; no nuts this time. The whole family is loving this bread. I was hoping to have it for breakfast in the morning but I'm not sure it'll make it. ;) Thanks for posting, Joallo! Made & enjoyed for New Kids on the Block Tag Game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=331961&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This is the same recipe that I have used for years. Really moist and has wonderful flavor!!