Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very decadent fondue recipe from the Wave Restaurant. They don't serve the cheese sauce in a fondue pot at the restaurant because diners usually finish the dish before the sauce can get cold.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 French baguettes or 2 Italian bread, cut into bite-sized chunks
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Fondue sauce: place oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute until translucent; add cream and bring to a boil.
- Add cheese in four or five increments, whisking after each addition; let cheese cook over low heat for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to prevent scorching.
- Bread: mix garlic and oil together in a bowl and drizzle over the bread cubes; salt and pepper the bread to taste and place on a baking sheet; bake for about 5 minutes or until warm but not hardened.
- Transfer cheese sauce to a fondue pot and serve with bread.
I made this today for fathers day. Everyone and I mean everyone loved it! My 22 month old sucked the cheese off the bread! I was a little suprised because our kids are not overly fond of gorgonzola but they cleaned this right up. We had some fresh broccoli in the garden and cut it up to finish the fondue off and will definatly do that next time, and there will be a next time. YUM!
Wow - what a great tasting fondue! Such strong cheese flavor (we love gorgonzola!) combined beautifully with the seasoned bread cubes. I was looking for a new fondue recipe for my New Year's buffet and my search is over. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!