1 hr 5 mins
This is my aunt Gloria's cake recipe and she always made when we were little and we thought that it was the best cake ever!! It's kind of like a black forest cake but she made it in a bundt pan. Goggie was her nickname and she hated it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix, butter flavored
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pitted cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1Mix and bake cake according to directions for a bundt cake.
- 2Cool cake.
- 3Combine cherries with 1/2 cup reserved liquid, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla in a saucepan and cook over low heat until it thickens.
- 4Remove cherries from heat and set aside.
- 5Slice bundt cake horizontally in 3 layers.
- 6Beat cold whipping cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 7Place 1/3 layer cake on plate and top with a layer of whipping cream then 1/3 of cherries mixture.
- 8Repeat and end with just whipping cream on top.
- 9If you have any whipping cream left over, frost sides of cake, if you like.
- 10Add left over cherries on top of cake and let juice and some cherries drizzle down the cake.
- 11This can be made with yellow cake mix and strawberries -- it's really good too!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goggie's Cake
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.5 mg
- Sodium 447.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 48.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g