Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my aunt Gloria's cake recipe and she always made when we were little and we thought that it was the best cake ever!! It's kind of like a black forest cake but she made it in a bundt pan. Goggie was her nickname and she hated it!!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix, butter flavored
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (20 ounce) canspitted cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- Mix and bake cake according to directions for a bundt cake.
- Cool cake.
- Combine cherries with 1/2 cup reserved liquid, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla in a saucepan and cook over low heat until it thickens.
- Remove cherries from heat and set aside.
- Slice bundt cake horizontally in 3 layers.
- Beat cold whipping cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Place 1/3 layer cake on plate and top with a layer of whipping cream then 1/3 of cherries mixture.
- Repeat and end with just whipping cream on top.
- If you have any whipping cream left over, frost sides of cake, if you like.
- Add left over cherries on top of cake and let juice and some cherries drizzle down the cake.
- This can be made with yellow cake mix and strawberries -- it's really good too!