Recipe by Dib's
This recipe was found on the web and posted by request-looks interesting.
Top Review by L DJ
This is it! The original Dorsel's Goetta recipe Just found my 'OLD' Goetta recipe I had cut from a bag of Dorsel's pinhead oatmeal many many years ago. The original recipe grinds the beef and pork together and doesn't use pork sausage. Goetta was created Cincinnati's German immigrants or by Irish immigrants from Louisville Kentucky. for those that want to know more. go to goettafest.com
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb sausage
- 8 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups pinhead oats or 2 1⁄2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -4 bay leaf
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add oats, salt and pepper-reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Add meat, onion, spices and cover, cooking for 1 hour more.
- Pour into pan/s-cool and then refrigerate.
- Turn out, slice and fry until brown in a bit of butter or oil.