Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An all purpose sauce to serve with seafood, baked potatoes and a green salad for dinner, or use it as a party dip with shelled shrimp, lobster or crabmeat, fried fish sticks, or fresh cut-up vegetables or baked potato wedges. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, medium-size, finely chopped or 7.39 ml garlic, minced
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise or 236.59 ml Miracle Whip
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml chili sauce (Heinz)
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- In a food processor or blender, finely chop the onion and garlic together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; mayonnaise, vegetable oil, Chili sauce, lemon juice, prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce, water, paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Puree until smooth.
- Chill in a covered bowl.
I used mayo as that's what we prefer - with miracle whip I think this would have been too sweet, maybe half and half is the most I'd do. The only thing I left out was the mustard and I used a good quality onion powder and minced garlic. I originally used it to go over some breaded pork chops but used leftovers to dip carrots and celery in. A very good all purpose sauce!
I made this up to go with fish and it went well. Thank you!