Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Cherries, pineapple, bananas all together with sweetened milk and whipped cream. A special event salad. Serve in a glass bowl.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 4 firm bananas, peeled and cut in small chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2⁄3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 8 ounces whipped topping or 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple in saucepan,add water and cornstarch. Whisk to blend.
- In large bowl, add crushed pineapple and cherry pie filling. Set aside.
- In smaller bowl, add cut banana chunks and lemon juice. Coat well.
- In blender, add non fat dry milk, sugar and hot water, blend until mixed.
- Blend the sweetened milk into the pineapple and cherry pie filling.
- Drain any lemon juice from the banana chunks into the sauce pan.
- Add bananas to milk, pineapple, cherry mixture.Cool in refrigerator.
- Heat the pineapple and lemon juice mixture and stir until it is shiny and thick. Do not let it burn. Note:You might have to add a little more cornstarch to thicken, whisk it. Some brands of pineapple have more juice than other brands.
- Cool, then fold in to cooled fruit mixture.
- Prep Options:.
- •Fold in whipped topping or whipped cream. Place in Glass Bowl.
- •Place a layer of whipped topping or whipped cream on the bottom of glass bowl, adding the fruit mixture and covering with the other half of whipped topping or whipped cream.
- Options: Sprinkle toasted almonds on top, cinnamon, nutmeg or white and brown chocolate curls on top of the bowl.
- Cool 1 hour.