Recipe by s'kat
Mmmmm....Godiva! Must be made one day ahead.
Top Review by Reenie
I made this in one large dish, using the cappucino liquer and it was perfect. I made it for my boyfriend's birthday and he absolutely loved it! The only thing I change for next time (and there will be a next time) is that if you plan to make one large dish instead of little ones, use only 2oz of the liquer to mix with the coffee and pour over the lady fingers.This recipe was so easy to make, there is no baking and it came out beautiful.
- 5 ounces Godiva original chocolate liqueur, divided
- 1⁄2 cup strong black coffee or 1⁄2 cup espresso
- 16 -20 ladyfingers
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 -4 ounces dark chocolate, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 3 ounces of Godiva Liqueur with coffee and set aside.
- For each serving, trim 4 ladyfingers to fit along the sides and bottom of a 1 cup soufflé dish.
- Pour 1 ounce of the reserved coffee into each soufflé dish and set aside.
- Beat together the mascarpone cheese, egg yolks, sugar and remaining 2 ounces of Godiva Liqueur until smooth.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff; fold into the cheese.
- Divide the filling evenly among the soufflé dishes; sprinkle with chocolate and refrigerate overnight.