Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
Make and share this Godiva Pistachio Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1⁄4 cup cake flour
- 6 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 7 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) Godiva dark chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1⁄2 cup rose petal jam or 1⁄2 cup raspberry jelly or 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- sugared pistachios
- Make the torte--------------------.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Spread pistachios in a single layer in shallow-sided pan and toast for 12 to 15 minutes or until their skins begin to loosen.
- Make sure that the nuts don?
- t brown.
- Increase oven temperature to 325°F.
- Butter and flour 9-inch springform pan.
- Place toasted pistachios and flour in food processor and process until medium-fine.
- Set aside.
- Place egg yolks and half of the sugar in mixing bowl and beat until thick and light, using electric mixer at high speed.
- Transfer yolk mixture to a small bowl.
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in mixing bowl.
- Beat until the whites form soft peaks, using electric mixer at high speed.
- Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pour yolk mixture over beaten whites and sprinkle with rose water and grated zest.
- Sprinkle one-third of the pistachio mixture on top and gently fold until partially combined.
- Sprinkle in another third and fold partially again.
- Sprinkle in the remaining pistachio mixture and fold until evenly combined.
- Spread in prepared pan, mounding the batter in the center.
- Set the pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Make the ganache--------------------.
- Heat cream in saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Stir in Cognac and let cool.
- Slice cooled torte in half and spread jam between the layers.
- Assemble layers and frost entire torte with ganache, smoothing the surface with an offset metal spatula.
- Garnish with sugared pistachios.