1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
ruby rodriguez's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups shelled unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 6 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 7 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1/2 cup rose petal jam or 1/2 cup raspberry jelly or 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- sugared pistachios
- 1Make the torte--------------------.
- 2Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 3Spread pistachios in a single layer in shallow-sided pan and toast for 12 to 15 minutes or until their skins begin to loosen.
- 4Make sure that the nuts don?
- 5t brown.
- 6Increase oven temperature to 325°F.
- 7Butter and flour 9-inch springform pan.
- 8Place toasted pistachios and flour in food processor and process until medium-fine.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Place egg yolks and half of the sugar in mixing bowl and beat until thick and light, using electric mixer at high speed.
- 11Transfer yolk mixture to a small bowl.
- 12Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in mixing bowl.
- 13Beat until the whites form soft peaks, using electric mixer at high speed.
- 14Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 15Pour yolk mixture over beaten whites and sprinkle with rose water and grated zest.
- 16Sprinkle one-third of the pistachio mixture on top and gently fold until partially combined.
- 17Sprinkle in another third and fold partially again.
- 18Sprinkle in the remaining pistachio mixture and fold until evenly combined.
- 19Spread in prepared pan, mounding the batter in the center.
- 20Set the pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 21Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 22Make the ganache--------------------.
- 23Heat cream in saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- 24Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth.
- 25Stir in Cognac and let cool.
- 27Slice cooled torte in half and spread jam between the layers.
- 28Assemble layers and frost entire torte with ganache, smoothing the surface with an offset metal spatula.
- 29Garnish with sugared pistachios.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Godiva Pistachio Torte
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.4
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 189.2 mg
- Sodium 86.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rose petal jam