Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Make and share this Godiva Pistachio Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1⁄4 cup cake flour
- 6 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 7 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) Godiva dark chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1⁄2 cup rose petal jam or 1⁄2 cup raspberry jelly or 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- sugared pistachios
- Make the torte--------------------.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Spread pistachios in a single layer in shallow-sided pan and toast for 12 to 15 minutes or until their skins begin to loosen.
- Make sure that the nuts don?
- t brown.
- Increase oven temperature to 325°F.
- Butter and flour 9-inch springform pan.
- Place toasted pistachios and flour in food processor and process until medium-fine.
- Set aside.
- Place egg yolks and half of the sugar in mixing bowl and beat until thick and light, using electric mixer at high speed.
- Transfer yolk mixture to a small bowl.
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in mixing bowl.
- Beat until the whites form soft peaks, using electric mixer at high speed.
- Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pour yolk mixture over beaten whites and sprinkle with rose water and grated zest.
- Sprinkle one-third of the pistachio mixture on top and gently fold until partially combined.
- Sprinkle in another third and fold partially again.
- Sprinkle in the remaining pistachio mixture and fold until evenly combined.
- Spread in prepared pan, mounding the batter in the center.
- Set the pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Make the ganache--------------------.
- Heat cream in saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Stir in Cognac and let cool.
- Slice cooled torte in half and spread jam between the layers.
- Assemble layers and frost entire torte with ganache, smoothing the surface with an offset metal spatula.
- Garnish with sugared pistachios.
This torte has an odd, rubbery consistency. Taste was ordinary. WAY too much chocolate frosting, it was drowning in it. If you're feeding your chocolate habit, why not skip the torte and just eat the frosting, as that's virtually all you can taste! Don't bother, there are other much better recipes out there! A serious waste of effort!