Recipe by Manami
This is delicious and easy and oh so yummy! Godiva chocolate liqueur is rather expensive, so you may want to ask for the small, 3oz bottle. Source: Morton's of Chicago, Phoenix, Arizona.
- butter, to coat pan
- granulated sugar, to coat pan
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Godiva original chocolate liqueur
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously coat an 8-inch soufflé dish with butter, then dust with granulated sugar.
- Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler.
- Stir in chocolate liqueur.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and whole eggs with electric mixer set at low speed.
- Pour chocolate-butter mixture into bowl while beating.
- In medium bowl, sift the confectioners' sugar and flour together.
- Gradually add this to the chocolate mixture.
- Mix at high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour cake mixture into soufflé dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done with a wooden tooth pick.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.