Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious and easy and oh so yummy! Godiva chocolate liqueur is rather expensive, so you may want to ask for the small, 3oz bottle. Source: Morton's of Chicago, Phoenix, Arizona.
- butter, to coat pan
- granulated sugar, to coat pan
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Godiva original chocolate liqueur
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously coat an 8-inch soufflé dish with butter, then dust with granulated sugar.
- Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler.
- Stir in chocolate liqueur.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and whole eggs with electric mixer set at low speed.
- Pour chocolate-butter mixture into bowl while beating.
- In medium bowl, sift the confectioners' sugar and flour together.
- Gradually add this to the chocolate mixture.
- Mix at high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour cake mixture into soufflé dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done with a wooden tooth pick.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.