Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds incredible!
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup Godiva original chocolate liqueur
- 16 egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- Bring the heavy cream and liquor to a boil and remove from heat.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and first sugar (2 1/2 cups).
- Temper the egg mixture into the cream mixture.
- Pour into 4-ounce ramekins to the top.
- Place ramekins into a larger cake pan and pour hot water 1/2 of the way up the ramekin.
- Bake in a 320° F oven for 45 minutes to an hour (firm to the touch).
- Remove them from the pan and cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of sugar on the top and brown off under your broiler or use a torch.
- Let the melted and browned sugar set for a few minutes before serving.
- If bruléed properly the sugar will break like glass under the spoon.
I did this for the restaurant i work at for valentines though i did a couple changes. I added 2 cups melted white chocolate and a cup of finely ground pistachios. the result was a very rich and creamier brulee.