Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
I haven't made this yet but it looks sooooo good! The recipe from the Godiva website. All chocolate is originally Godiva brand. Cream cheese is originally regular, NOT Neufchatel. Cooking time DOES NOT include overnight refrigeration (6 hours).
Chocolate Wafer Crust
- 295.73 ml chocolate wafer crumbs
- 73.94 ml butter, melted
- 340.19 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 453.59 g neufchatel cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml brewed coffee (hot)
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Topping
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- dark chocolate, grated (optional)
- chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional)
- Make the chocolate crust:.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Tightly wrap bottom of 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Mix together cookie crumbs and melted butter in bowl until combined.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
- Make the filling:.
- Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese in mixing bowl until creamy, using electric mixer at low speed.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Dissolve salt in hot coffee.
- At low speed, slowly beat in the coffee.
- Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate until blended.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Place cheesecake in roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into roasting pan so that the water comes halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until center is firm.
- Leave cheesecake in the oven and turn off the oven.
- Prop oven door open and allow cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from roasting pan.
- Cool cheesecake in the pan on wire rack.
- When cheesecake is cooled, cover pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Make the whipped cream topping:.
- Loosen edge of cheesecake with a knife. Remove side of springform pan.
- Beat cream, sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl until stiff peaks form, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Reserve 1 cup whipped cream for garnish.
- Spread remaining cream over top of cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a large closed star tip (such as Ateco #5) with reserved whipped cream.
- Pipe a border of rosettes around edge of cheesecake.
- Decorate with chocolate coffee beans.
- Cut cheesecake into wedges.
I do not like cheesecake (not even a little), so the taste feedback I have is all from others: everyone liked this a lot, although a small piece goes a long way! Plenty sweet. This was very easy to make and baked up like a dream, no problems at all. I baked 60 minutes using the water bath method and followed the rest of the directions exactly. Nice consistency and very chocolately! I did not use Godiva, I used Ghiradhelli chocolate bits. Served with a blob of the whipped cream on top instead of putting it all on. Would be lovely with a nice raspberry sauce. Would definitely make again! Thanks for posting.